Monday, May 18, 2009

Sleep Deprivation

NOTE: To anyone that reads this post who may suffer from this
disorder, know you are not alone !!

I'm not talking Insomnia... there's treatment for such... and i can
fall asleep before my head hits the pillow. This is the cognitive
decision of doing something or thinking about things that result in
the lack of sleep.

Perhaps it is from worrying too much?Especially about issues that are
completely beyond our control. Maybe from eating too close to bed
time... Caffeine... information overload... Could also be a brain
chemical imbalance. Who knows for certain ?!

Whatever the cause may be; I represent this very situation well.

I often wonder how unhealthy this may be... and then immediately
think, "at some point, my body will tell me enough is enough... You
will get some much needed rest when required." Although many will
argue the fact you cannot make up for lost sleep, I tend to disagree.
For me, it seems to have a way of working out most of the time...
making the conscious effort when possible to go to bed early and/or
sleeping a little later than usual.

Some nights are better than others -- THIS is not one of those
nights !! Surely you can see from the time of my post ?! Yeah, I'm on
the East Coast. It's late... Err... I mean early.

It's already after 1:00 am on Monday. A friend of mine refers to this
day as "Moanday"... I'm beginning to see her rationale ;-)

Well... I guess I should stop this mind numbing post and get some rest.

"Sleep Fast" as I have heard the adage... or as I like to imagine what
one is supposed to do at a Holiday Inn Express ;-) ha! ha! ha!

Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. One thing for sure....there's no point in losing sleep over things which we can't control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear its been Moan day all week for me! Sleep in tomorrow.... you deserve it! Wish I could.... 5am comes awfully early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. three weeks and no post? I know your computer is working...... might be slow - but we have not won the lottery.....YET!

    ReplyDelete